Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year!!


Happy New Year Friends!

Wow, so another year begins.  It mostly feels like just another day, but I was fortunate enough to spend my New Year’s in one of the most amazing cities in the lower 50…CHICAGO!  I have to take a break from my usual product reviewing ways on this post, just to share an amazing experience I recently had in this fantastic city.  Not only does Chicago encompass the same sort of big city energy and pizzazz as it’s East Coast friend (NYC), but after this trip, I can without a doubt, say that Chicago has some of the best food around too.  I went there with a mental list of some of my favorite Chicago treats (hot dog, stuffed/deep dish pizza, Garrett’s popcorn) and had all but the Italian Beef (which is okay since I actually have a good recipe of my own).  But even the things that aren’t exactly known for being Chicago specialties, I was quite impressed with. 

If you don’t know now, I’ll let you in on a little secret…I’m a foodie.  I love food, I know food and I love eating, so I love going to different places and doing just that.  I’m a total carnivore and am actually salivating just thinking about the most incredible thing I’ve eaten in a long time.  The Rockit burger at Rockit Bar & Grill (River North) www.rockitbarandgrill.com.  As I browse the menu looking for something unique or pretty much something that I can’t get at home, and with the help of my friend Caryn, I stumble upon this jewel known as the Rockit Burger…Kobe beef, melted brie, fried shallots, medjool date aioli, red onion brioche bun, truffle fries.  WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THAT MENU DESCRIPTION?? (more salivating).  Two dirty (ok, filthy) martinis deep, anything would be good at this point.  And, I expected this to be good, but nowhere near as amazing as it actually was.  The slice of brie slowly melted on this high grade, juicy beef (medium rare, of course), and the mix of the aioli and the shallots made this masterpiece a little messy, but a lot magnificent!!!  Like a toxic ex-boyfriend, I still think about this burger almost everyday.  When in Chicago, it is a MUST!!!

Ok, so onto the latest in my beauty product quest.  I have a couple of items that I want to share with all of you because I have used both of them for a long time and will continue to do so (unless I find something better, which obviously, I have yet to do).

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (another Allure Best of Beauty 2010 winner)

And here’s why…I’m sure most of you at some time or another have tried this product.  I remember years ago, it came in this bright orange plastic tub as oppose to the squeezable tube.  Either way, this product is amazing.  I agree with skin experts that say exfoliating is an important part of your skin regimen and this is the perfect facial wash and scrub combined.  The product exfoliates to prevent blemishes and clean pores.  It has salicylic acid in it, which helps stop breakouts before they occur and the exfoliating is gentle enough for everyday use.  I use like 2 or 3 different face washes at a time, one for morning, one for evening, one for when I’m hung-over and slept on my make up all night, and this wash always makes it in the mix.  $3.12 Target www.target.com

Angel by Thierry Mugler

So, I’ll admit that I thought only old ladies used the same perfume year after year and that’s why my mom wore ‘Giorgio’ (not to be confused with the imposter Primo) most of my childhood.  I was wrong.  I’ve become one of those ‘old perfume ladies’.  Like most beauty products, I’m a perfume junkie.  The best part about this is that I’m always finding these beautiful new fragrances.  The down size to this is that I always seem to pick the ones that have a price tag upwards of $120.  What happened to liking all of the Calvin Klein scents for $65 a pop?  Not to be a perfume snob, but I’m not a fan of fragrances that you can buy in the locked, glass case at a CVS (and you all know how much I love CVS). 

Back in 2004 I was introduced to my new friend, Angel.  I was in Delaware, or actually Pennsylvania training for my job and we went to the King of Prussia mall for a little shopping spree.  I was on the hunt for a new perfume and I was fortunate enough to have a guy with me to get a male opinion.  After practically making ourselves sick by smelling so many scents, when he sampled the Angel, I’ll never forget him saying, “you HAVE to buy this”.  Of course, I did.  And till this day, I STILL get so many compliments when I’m wearing it.  It’s become one of my ‘go to’ scents, especially during the fall/winter months, since it has more of a warm, but sweet background.  I continue to buy new perfumes, but this is one I wear year after year like mom’s Giorgio.  And I LOVE that you can get refills on the star bottle, which saves you from having to buy an entirely new bottle at a higher price.  $77.00 for .8 oz refillable Eau de Parfum spray www.bloomingdales.com

I’ve heard from a few of you about product suggestions, so I’d love to do a review on them if you send me the info!  Oh, and I’ve added a ‘Facebook Like’ button to the top of the page, so don’t forget to ‘Like” Jenny from the Blog!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012