Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things (from 2010)...


Botox

I tried Botox for the first time earlier this year.  I’m always looking for anti-aging products of some sort, and for the most part, most of them work pretty well, but nothing holds a handle to BOTOX.  Botox works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles.  This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.  In layman’s terms…it makes your wrinkles temporarily go away.  I tried it on my forehead to get rid of deep lines and also on my crow’s feet.  The dermatologist injected about 30-35 units and the cost ranges anywhere from $10/unit to $15/unit.  It lasted about 3 months, but from what I hear, the more you get it done, the longer it will last (3-6 months).  I loved how it gave me a “fresh” look and the only people who could even tell that I did it, were the people I told.  Don’t worry about looking like one of the Real Housewives, those people are injected with much more  (fillers/collagen, etc.)  Botox does NOT give you that “frozen face” look…trust me.  Ask your dermatologist about it and like anything, make sure you read about the side effects (remember, I’m a pharmaceutical rep…I have to add that “fair balance”)  www.botoxcosmetic.com

iPhone 4G

OK, so not a beauty product, but if you know me, you pretty much know I’m one of the biggest Apple product advocates.  I got the iPhone 4G this year and I honestly wonder how every person in the world doesn’t own an iPhone.  Seriously, every time I see someone using their Blackberry, I almost always feel like they are stuck in some sort of backwards time machine and I’m waiting for them to slip it back into their Liz Claiborne purse and walk away in their Z. Cavaricci’s.  Once Verizon picks up the iPhone, there’s no doubt that we’ll have MANY more converters.  I can’t wait to say, “I told you so!”

Eminem

Need I say more?  After a short hiatus while recovering from an addiction to painkillers, our favorite little white boy rapper came back with undoubtedly the BEST album of the year.  Even my 61-year-old father who grew up with the likes of Bob Dylan and Harry Chapin has become Em’s biggest fan (I know, weird, but hilarious at the same time, especially if you know my dad and can picture him "rapping" along with Slim Shady).  You can’t help but appreciate his true artistry spelled out in his lyrics.  And who doesn’t love a good Rihanna collaboration?  If you haven’t yet, download to your iTunes.  And if you’re a runner, add it to your running playlist and/or create an Eminem station on Pandora...it's a MUST!  


Moroccan Oil

OK, back to the beauty products.  At the top of my list for favorite beauty products in 2010 is Moroccan Oil.  Just the oil treatment.  I tried the shampoo and conditioner but wasn’t impressed.  But the oil treatment is nothing short of AMAZING!!!  I put it on my hair AFTER I blow-dry it, but before I run the flat iron through it.  Not only has it helped repair my dry/damaged hair, but also it gives it an amazing shine and soft feel.  www.moroccanoil.com

Biotin

Earlier in the year I noticed my hair seemed to feel and look unusually thin.  I talked to both my hairdresser and dermatologist about it and they both suggested the vitamin supplement Biotin.  Biotin is a B-complex vitamin, which is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids.  It is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails and I can attest to the fact that it WORKS!!

Hope you all have a VERY HAPPY (and safe) NEW YEAR!!!  I’m off to Chi-town for some non-Florida fun…I’ll most likely come back blogging about amazing food and the overall awesomeness of the city.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012