Sunday, January 30, 2011

Per Your Requests...





Hola amigas (and amigos)!
Why the Spanish greeting you ask?  Because I have Mexican food on the mind…well, really all types of food as I am entering my last days of solid foods for the next couple of weeks due to a tonsillectomy (which yes, they still do on people over the age of ten).   And for those of you who know me, you know what a challenge this is going to be for me and the only plus to this beyond the absence of future bouts of tonsillitis is the inevitable weight loss.  Also, the possible increase of trips to the pharmacy for pain medication will most likely fuel my addiction to drugstore product purchasing.  Lucky for you guys!!

I’ve had a couple of requests from some of you about certain types of products, so I wanted to highlight some of those products that I’ve been asked about.  This is EXACTLY what this blog is about (as well as my random reviews on food, iPhone apps and other non-beauty products).

First stop:  Self-tanner

Let’s face it, living in Florida, it’s kinda our job to be tan.  Like a model is required to look anorexic, it’s just the way it is.  And due to the rapid increase in cancer cases, we all have not only put down our Parliament Lights, we’ve also made the decision to forego trips to the tanning beds, and put up our umbrellas at the beach.  While we’re still waiting for the pasty look to come back, we rely on a little thing that the Jersey Shore folks would call a staple…self-tanner.  My pick for BEST self-tanner:

Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Sunless Spray

I’ve been using this stuff for years!  It gives you a nice glow in the winter months and is a great fix in-between trips to the pool or beach.  It’s probably not something you want to spray on yourself right before you go somewhere, but if you know you have something coming up or you’re just feeling a little pale, it’s best to do it the night before, after a shower on clean skin.  Then, after showering in the morning, you remove any of what’s left of the “self tanner scent” and you have a nice, fresh glow!  You can find it at most drug and grocery stores.   Only $9.94 at Target www.target.com


My pick for BEST Concealer:  Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat

I’ve been asked by several people, “what’s a good concealer?”  My answer: there’s not one perfect concealer, simply because there are so many different uses for concealer.  One might work great to cover dark circles, but doesn’t work so well at concealing a blemish.  But if you’re looking for that must-have product that is described as “8 hours of sleep in a pen – the one item no woman can be without”, than look no further.

YSL’s Touche Éclat is an award winning, take anywhere, instant highlighter that banishes shadows, erases signs of fatigue and leaves your skin looking radiant.  And trust me, it lives up to its promise.  My 60-year-old mother first started using it, and she recently gave me one of her pens when she got a new one…now, I’m OBSESSED with this thing!  It’s one of those “if you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one high end beauty product, what would you bring?” items.  It’s basically a miracle in a pen and now comes in 14 different shades to match your skin tone.  At $40 a pop, you won’t be disappointed.  Can be found wherever YSL products are sold (Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Sephora)


 The Starbucks Mobile Card App (Another non-beauty product review for all of you iPhoners)

If you have an iPhone and you’re a Starbucks fan, you most likely already have the Starbucks app (if not, download it).  However, if you’re a full-fledged addict like me, you MUST also download the Starbucks Mobile Card app.  For Starbucks Rewards Card members (meaning, you have registered your card, receive points for free drinks, get discounts, and the Baristas know your name and usual drink), you can actually have all that information available through the app!  It is by far my new FAVORITE app!  Not only does it allow the cashiers to scan your card right from your phone, it also keeps track of your reward points, updates your balance and most importantly, allows you to reload your card right from your phone!!!  Again, this FREE app is a MUST if you love Starbucks as much as I do.

I’m hoping to be blogging more frequently during my disabled state, so keep the requests and comments coming!  And as always, thanks for visiting!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012