Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Selects

As we enter the last month of summer, I think back on the things that I wouldn't have been able to live without.  Besides water and my new found love of DanceTrance (more on that later), there are a few products that have definitely become staples in my beauty bag.

L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray

I apologize if I have blogged about another hairspray previously, because this is HANDS DOWN the BEST hairspray for the humid summer months.  Whether you have straight, curly or wavy hair, this hairspray is the best for all hair types.  It's micro-diffusion technology allows for a fine mist that leaves your hair shiny and provides a long-lasting hold.  The best part though is the humidity protection (we all know how important that is here in Florida).  Nothing is worse than spending time doing your hair, only to walk outside and have it ruined by the heat and humidity.  Most people say they don't use hairspray, but it really helps to control any flyaways and protect your style.  It's a bit pricier than your average drugstore hair product, with a price tag of $14.99 at most stores.  But I can't stress enough how worth it it is.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed!


Gelish Soak-Off Gel Polish MINI (at home)


I've been getting the color gel manicures for a couple of years now.  First, it was the OPI AXXIUM, then I was introduced to CND's Shellac and next, Gelish.  I preferred the Shellac and Gelish much more than the OPI, because it was easier to get off, less harsh on your nails, and lasted longer.  I loved the Shellac, mostly because that's what they used at the salon I was going to, but preferred the Gelish because they had a larger selection of colors.  On a recent trip to Sally Beauty Supply, I was surprised and excited to see that they were carrying a new line of the Gelish product, Gelish MINI, that your average consumer could buy without having a license.  For under $100, I got a couple of colors, all of the needed products (pH bond, foundation and top coat), and the LED curing light...which I figured was a GREAT investment considering one gel manicure at a salon is at least $30.  Because I've always loved doing my own nails (and make up, and hair), this was a PERFECT solution for me!  I immediately brought it home to practice on myself and my first brave "client", my mom.  I was SO happy with the results and got so many compliments on it!  I gave myself a manicure AND a pedicure and both lasted just as long as they would have if I had gotten them done at a salon.  Last week I visited Sally's again and was thrilled to see they've added so many more colors!  I'm so excited for the fall and the new shades and playing nail tech with my friends.  It's a great option if you are able to do your own nails and so convenient to have in your home rather than having to make an appointment at a salon.  Go to www.sallybeauty.com to find products and prices.


Sephora inside JCPenney


That's right! If you haven't already heard (or seen), Sephora has moved into several JCPenney's across the nation. I know here in Orlando, I can speak for many people who absolutely dread having to go to the Florida Mall (aka tourist trap), just to get our beauty fix (sometimes ULTA just doesn't cut it). Luckily, now you can find Sephora in several JCPenney stores (Altamonte Mall, Seminole Town Center in Sanford, Daytona Beach Mall, Kissimmee @the Loop West, and in Clermont!). They are smaller versions than your typical Sephora, but to be able to find some of your favorite products in more places (i.e. NARS), is a huge deal!!!  Visit www.sephora.com to find a location near you!

Be You Lip Stain
And while I'm speaking of Sephora, I have to mention one of my new FAVORITE products from there, which I just found out is only $3.00 online!  (Marked down from $12.00).  From Sephora's own line, their Be You Lip Stain in Peach Gelee has been one of my summer staples that I will definitely carry over into the fall.  I chose to forego the typical sticky lip glosses for this sheer and smooth gloss.  The self-adjusting pigments give a light wash of color and give you that natural look, which is nice especially in the summer when you're going for that "just left the beach, but I still want to look good" look.  Check it out now while it's on sale!  www.sephora.com



Well, I'm off to an online trip to Sephora, so hopefully I'll have some cool new products for the upcoming fall season to talk about soon!  Keep sending me any ideas or suggestions!  Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend!

-jenny







1 comment:

  1. Really these beauty products are must have collections. You can find also great deals of beauty products at https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/beauty-lips.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012