Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's In My Bag?

I love this section that you'll find in EVERY issue of US Weekly.  At any given moment, I have the most random stuff in my purse, but here are a few essentials that I always have around (and I don't mean the Starbucks gift cards, chap stick, band-aids and 2 iPhones)

Neutrogena Oil-Free Pink Grapefruit Cleansing Wipes

These wipes are my new OBSESSION!!!  On another (daily) trip to CVS, I was collecting last minute items for a week-long business trip.  Since wipes are easier to travel with then an actual face wash, I scanned the shelf for the right ones.  I'm religious with my face washing regimen, but I sometimes worry that compared to a liquid face wash, cleansing wipes just don't get your face as "clean".  I'll admit, I think I decided to try these mainly because they are in a pink package, but also, they're for acne prone skin, so I knew they had salicylic acid in them, which is always a plus if you tend to have oily skin.  I'm not a huge grapefruit fan, but these smell AMAZING!!!  And my face felt SO clean after using them!!  I love these wipes and when you're too lazy to wash your face, these are the perfect alternative.  Only $7.99 for a 25-count package at CVS (even less if you have a CVS Extra Care Card and a coupon!) www.cvs.com.


bareMinerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

On the hunt for another compact powder that minimizes shine throughout the day and this is what I found...I have tried bareMinerals before and remember liking the mineral foundation, especially after they came out with the Matte version, so I'm not exactly sure why I switched from that!?!  I did always love the Mineral Veil too so when I saw it in Sephora in compact form, I decided to give it a try.  It's so lightweight and great for touch ups, it gives the perfect amount of powder to conceal any shine and give a flawless finish.  I opted for the translucent vs. the tinted, because I don't like to add color upon color because then you sometimes end up with that cakey look.  I've been using this for the past week and I'm EXTREMELY happy with the results!  So happy that I actually went back and bought the mineral foundation that I had used before.  
I got the compact at Sephora for $22.  www.sephora.com 


Revlon Photoready

Thanks to the "Buy One, Get One 50% Off" special at CVS, AND a $5.00 off coupon I had, I bought an item that I had never used before, just to try it and see.  I see all of these make up lines have primers, but the few ones I have tried in the past did nothing for me.  At this bargain price, I couldn't resist.  Revlon Photoready is a perfecting primer that smooths and softens skin to create the perfect canvas, while reducing the appearance of pores and fine lines.  It's so soft when you sweep it across your face, kind of feathery, I love it!  You can wear it alone, or as I do, under foundation.  I absolutely LOVE this stuff and will continue to buy it.  It just makes your skin look so even and it's perfect for under the bareMinerals foundation to help it set evenly.  Highly recommend this drug store gem :)  Only $12.99 (Look for the sales though!) at CVS www.cvs.com 

1 comment:

  1. I think the Revlon Photoready is a must have makeup collection. I am using that product too. This Christmas, I usually shop at my favorite online shop, the Boutiqueken makeup beauty products. You can find you own beauty collections too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012