Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things I like in the neighborhood :)

Having been in Orlando for many years now, I still love finding new places to eat, to shop, and things to do around town.  I live in what is called the "Milk District" so I've started to embrace my neighborhood :)  My new fave places that I would highly recommend checking out are: Etoile Boutique on Robinson, Pom Pom's Teahouse & Sandwicheria on Bumby, and Orlando Power Yoga on South Street.


Etoile Boutique is a fun, locally owned vintage boutique.  They have men and women's clothes and accessories and you can get some great finds there!  I found this adorable tank (it was on the mannequin outside) and it was only $13!  (Vintage Express).  Their jewelry is great too, very unique, great quality, and reasonable prices!  Check it out if you're looking for something "different" :)

2424 E. Robinson Street
Orlando, FL  32803


Pom Pom's Teahouse & Sandwicheria

Since it's in walking distance from me, I've made several trips over there for sandwiches, teas, cupcakes and get ready...GRITS!!!  And not your average grits...they have a featured "grit" every weekend.  One time they had blue cheese and bacon grits.  I've tried the Jambalaya grits and they were RIDIC!!!  Will definitely going back for more and wanting to try the other flavors!  So many tasty sandwiches, I have yet to try the Thanksgiving one, but I hear its AMAZING!  They also carry all sorts of tea...black, green, red and can make them hot or iced:)  And now for you folks with a sweet tooth...Blue Bird Bakery sends over their cupcakes daily and you can buy them right there at Pom Pom's.  So, its pretty much a one stop shop, breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and a cupcake :)  Just what ever you do...don't forget the grits ;)

67 S Bumby Rd
Orlando, FL  32803


And now for my ULTIMATE favorite...ORLANDO POWER YOGA!!!  

Wikipedia defines yoga as: Yoga (SanskritPāliयोग yóga) refers to traditional physical and mental disciplines that originated in India.[1] The word is associated with meditative practices in HinduismBuddhism and Jainism.[2][3][4] Within Hinduism, it also refers to one of the six orthodox (āstika) schools of Hindu philosophy, and to the goal towards which that school directs its practices.[5][6] In Jainism, yoga is the sum total of all activities — mental, verbal and physical.

Jenn defines yoga as an awesome physical and mental exercise guaranteed to make your body and mind feel better.  I never thought I'd be saying this, but yoga HAS changed my life.  If you are like I was at one time and thought I would go no where near that stuff, think again.  I have been practicing at Orlando Power Yoga for about 2 months.  The teachers are AMAZING and so nice!  Half of the time I want to throw up from the 95 degree heat in the room and when my mat just happens to be under one of those REALLY BRIGHT fluorescent lights!  But each time, I somehow manage to get through it!?!?  I've never done as much laundry as I do now (the special mats you get really stink), and my car is starting smell funny from each ride home with me in my sopping wet clothes.  But hey, gotta take the bad with the good.  So, I cancelled my gym membership and have dedicated myself to yoga, at least 4 times a week (I run on off days too;)  I'd be lying if I didn't say my interest in yoga partially began from a slight weight gain and now that its' jean season, wondering how the hell I'm going to get into those jeans!?  Maybe I'll just stop eating...seems to be the best diet of them all.  (Oh come on...you all know its true)  Well, if you're curious about yoga, or have any questions about Orlando Power Yoga, let me know!!  

2415 E. South Street
Orlando, FL  32803


OH and they're running a special right now, $40 for 40 days!!!  TOO good of a deal to pass up!!




Going back to my hometown this weekend for a good friend's wedding, so I'll probably have some good stories to share at the close of the weekend :)  


Stay tuned!
Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Although am partial to Thornton Park, I'm a big fan of the Milk District. And thanks for the heads on the Orlando Power Yoga special! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say heads up on the yoga deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tallon and Katie are the owners of Etoile. Let me say these girls ROCK. So helpful and friendly! Plus they have an incredible belt selection. They are always getting new items too so I find myself stopping in every few weeks! Jenn-I love our hood! Next places to try, Social Chameleon and Milk Bar!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012