Sunday, October 3, 2010

Greetings friends!

Well, here it is...my first official blog post!  I decided to start this blog, not to sound self-absorbed and/or narcissistic in any way, but more as a sounding board for topics I stumble upon on a daily basis, that are discussion worthy, or at least laughable.  For instance, yesterday I went to see a "Spiritual Advisor" aka psychic.  Half of me does it for shear entertainment purposes, and the other half of me believes I'll get some sort of glimpse into my future.  This time (yes, I've gone several times), I left there thinking, "this is crap!"  Unless all of these things she mentioned have yet to happen to me, I have no real reason to think that "Reverend Judy" really knows what the hell lies ahead for me.  First things first, she mentioned that I should be careful of my drinking, told me not to over indulge.  Let's just say, I had quite the Saturday night...which explains the bloody mary's on Sunday morning.  I've always believed that some people are psychic, or have a heightened intuition.  However, I'm beginning to doubt that there's any truth in these readings.  Is it simply just the law of attraction?  You know, the whole, "what you think about, you bring about".  She did however say that I would "cross paths" with my ex and low and behold, we literally crossed paths today on a sidewalk.  Coincidence?  I think not...


I just wonder.  If she's so psychic, didn't she foresee her two divorces?  




On to the next topic...Sunday Funday.  A term I don't like to use, much like "it is what it is", "LOL", or "it's all good", just to name a few.  However, today was a fun Sunday.  Despite waking up with a semi-hangover, I enjoyed a nice brunch in Winter Park, followed by brunch #2 in College Park where I showed up at Harmoni to find 5 of my girlfriends downing bottomless mimosas.  It was there that I drank (or nursed - for you, Kate) my second bloody mary.  After a hilarious recap of the previous night's festivities, we went onto our next destination, but not without Melissa getting a proposal from our waiter/fire fighter.  Well, Melissa, he must have sensed your firefighter obsession and thought he'd make a go for it.  Unfortunately, it didn't turn out in his favor, but we did get a good laugh out of it.  We thought we ended the day at Dexter's on what was the first Sunday where my entire body wasn't sweating from sitting outside.  It was beautiful out so naturally, quite busy over in Thorton Park.  Switched to a mojito and enjoyed a fun day with the best group of girls :)  We thought we were ending the day there, that was until I got a text that the party had moved to Graffiti Junktion with karaoke and a guy named Rick!?!?  Hmmmmm....


All in all, it was a GREAT weekend and I've come to terms with the fact that the next few weekends will most likely be filled with more drinking, friends and inevitably, great stories.


Until next time...


Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012