Monday, November 15, 2010

Beauty is Only Skin Deep


They say it all goes downhill once you hit the big 3-0.  You suddenly begin to hear the words “wrinkle” and “saggy”, neither of which are being used to describe your grandmother.  The things you thought you never had to worry about, are all of a sudden staring you right in the face.  I say this as I’m about to get into bed and I do what I’ve done every night for the last 15 years, I wash my face and brush my teeth.  At the ripe age of 31, this evening ritual is now accompanied by taking a multi-vitamin, fish oil, a couple other vitamins and applying my deep wrinkle remover cream to my crow’s feet and tonight’s newest member of the clan, cellulite serum. 

Fortunately, I have had much success with some of the products that I have recently reviewed.  I am happy to report that my hair is officially repaired!!!  And to be honest, I’ve NEVER had so many compliments on it as I have in the past week! (Thanks again, Carley!)  The Bumble & Bumble Mending products combined with the Mason Pearson brush have done WONDERS for my hair and I’m glad I got a good return on my investment.  With that said, I have moved on to the aforementioned wrinkle cream and cellulite serum, because I’m not afraid to admit my noticeable aging markers. 

The two most recent products I’ve purchased for the first time include RoCâ Retinol CorrecxionâDeep Wrinkle Night Cream and Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Fact Acting Serum.  What pulled me in with both of these products was that they both pledge to show visible results within ten days!  So, I’m officially taking the ten- day challenge, and today is day one.  Granted, I’ve been using the Roc Cream for a couple of weeks now, it’s kinda like the pill, where on more than one occasion, you wake up the next morning and realize you forgot to take it the night before…oops!  So, I’m committed to using BOTH products for the next ten days, to see if I get the results I can only hope for.  (I’m not really a modest person, but too modest to show my before and after pics, so you’re just going to have to take my word for it!)

I purchased the RoC cream for $19.99 at Target and today, paid $17.99 for the Nivea serum at CVS.  Pretty good prices for over the counter drugstore products, especially if they actually work!  For those of you who know me, I’m pretty good at and get thrilled when I find a good bargain.  And trust me, my product price range is pretty broad.  I’m the person who will pair a $7.99 shirt from Target with $200 jeans from Saks.  There are several products out there that are affordable and you don’t have to spend a fortune to get the results you’re hoping for.  On the other hand, I do feel there are some things you just CANNOT skimp on (obviously, jeans being one of them…though I have been lucky and found some good deals on occasion).  The thing is, you never know until you try them.  So, stay tuned.  In ten days I’ll have the results of my little experiment and hopefully they’ll be as positive as my recent hair project!  And so I'll end this with a little quote that I found that only seems fitting...

"I'm not interested in age.  People who tell me their age are silly.  You're as old as you feel."  --Elizabeth Arden

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

jenny from the BLOG | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012